Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A harrowing transit day, recounted thusly

Km from Mount Bromo to Yogyakarta: about 400

Trip time by bus: 12 hours

Drivers: 2 (1 sane, 1 crazy)

Torrential deluges driven through: 1 (a big one)

Near head-on collisions: countless

Cigarettes smoked second hand from the driver beside me: 3

Hours late to destination: 2 (not bad, considering...)

Time in hotel before seeing a cockroach scurry across the floor and up the wall: 2 minutes

Mothballs collected and thrown out from around the room: 19

Hours of sleep until the call to prayer being broadcast outside our room will wake me: not enough

Roosters I'd like to put out a hit on: 5

1 comment:

  1. I think cockroaches are supposed to be LUCKY somewhere! Maybe only in a little bamboo cage.
    Did the mothballs work? I hope so.
    Love Mum & Dad

    ReplyDelete