Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CUC bound!

Earlier this month, Mark's Ultimate Frisbee team, Glide, competed at Regionals in North Bay for a spot to go to the Canadian Ultimate Championships in Victoria, BC. It was super-exciting to watch from the sidelines; every game was a nail-biter. I was so pumped just watching! Put me in, Coach! I'm ready! Put me in!

Going into the tournament we knew that the top five teams from Ontario were guaranteed a spot at Nats, and Glide
just missed that fifth spot, finishing sixth of thirteen. But! A sixth spot just opened up, and that spot goes to Glide, so book your flights! Because they're effing going! Woot!

So if you happen to be in Victoria August 16 to 19, I highly recommend going to watch.
Last year Nats were in Ottawa, and it's very impressive watching these phenomenal athletes perform at such a high level. You will be on the edge of your seat, I promise.

Here's a few snaps from Regionals, but if you're interested, you can view the full album
here.


1 comment: