Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blueberry-basil-tahini smoothie



I find I'm eagerly awaiting my perfect yellow bananas to turn spotty and brown so I can throw them in the freezer in preparation for this incredibly tasty smoothie! Yay for brown bananas! And throughout the summer I used fresh basil, but now, with early frost setting in, my basil is nearly picked clean, so dried basil it is!

Blueberry-basil-tahini smoothie
Recipe by Sarah Britton, My New Roots

1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 frozen banana
5–7 large basil leaves (fresh is best, but I tried dried, and it was fine)
1 tbsp tahini
1–3 tsp bee pollen (depending on how often you use it)
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 handful of greens (spinach and kale are good choices)
water or milk of choice to thin, as needed

1. Blend all ingredients in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Enjoy immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so good - gonna save this one and give it a try - I am the same - love the perfectly ready bananas!!!!!
    Chey xo

    ReplyDelete