Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mmmontréal

A day off is wonderful. A day off in Montreal, partaking in as many of the gastronomical delights that I can get in my belly, is even more wonderful.


At Kazu, I had an incredible salad with the most tender and scrumptious tuna/salmon. Pure heaven. I'm not surprised Kazu has such a great rating on Urbanspoon, or that there was a line-up outside waiting for the place to open at noon. It's most definitely worth waiting for. I was so sad when that salad was over...

Bagels at St-Viateur (always super yum; I love the mathematically impossible fifth quarter of bagel they serve you, plus the bucket of cream cheese that accompanies it). Then hot chocolate and almond pastries from Caffè Art Java while we read for a while.

We had hoped to have dinner at the vegan restaurant Aux Vivres, but the hour-long line-up told otherwise. We wandered, dejected, back to St-Denis, and found Mouton Noirs, which was fantastic! Dejected no more! Mark tried their signature lamb, and I had a tasty, tasty salad. And had we not been about to drive back to Ottawa, we would most certainly have apported votre vin from the conveniently located SAQ across the street.

We did things other than eat too! We shopped a bit, and walked quite a bit. But mostly just to get us from metro stations to the various eating stops...




No comments:

Post a Comment