Friday, December 23, 2011

Festive

The Christmas spirit has been late settling into me this year. I feel as though I can't keep up, and have been running out of time with everything. We finally got a tree last weekend, but it sat, undecorated, for nearly a week. And the rest of the house, as yet, remains undecorated. Sigh. It's probably been the lack of snow and strangely mild temperatures (if only my bike tire wasn't flat, I could have ridden through most of December!), and also that this candle I have is on fire at both ends...

But last night was my super-fun and festive work party, and today I woke up to a nice blanket of snow; thin, but enough to hide the brown and green grass and make everything oh-so-pretty. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without snow.

A super-fun scavenger hunt led us around our work-neighbourhood and finally to the Hintonburg Public House. But not without being made to carol for cupcakes, solve an anagram (thankfully the master of anagram-solving was present!), and have a professional photoshoot with Santa, among other things.
Leaving early today and having the immense treat of walking home in the light.

Wishing there were more old stone buildings like this.

Whiskers and soft kitty feet.

A few of my favourites.
Sage words from my tea.

1 comment: