Thursday, August 30, 2012

Love fest

What a day! A glorious, sunshine-infused and love-filled day! I was so honoured to stand up for one of my oldest and dearest friends as she wed the man who is very clearly head-over-heels for her, and she for him. The weather could not have been more perfect, and the bride could not have been more happy, relaxed, and gracious. I've met various members of her family over the last twenty years, but never everyone all together. And seeing her surrounded by friends and family who all adore her, it just made my heart swell. And of course they adore her, because my friend is one of the kindest people you could ever have the privilege of meeting, and she treats everyone with such love and care, it's no wonder that everyone just reciprocates that love. It's just awesome to see.

After the beautiful and moving ceremony (not a dry eye, people, not a one!) we danced and danced until they kicked us out. There may or may not have been air guitar, but I can assure you that the whole shack shimmied. The fun continued with a big bonfire, where the bride's brother played guitar, and we all sang, and celebrated until the wee hours. It was the best.





Reunited! It's been a long time since we were all together!

The idyllic lakeside location.

Some dramatic clouds to keep me company on the long drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment