Sunday, April 27, 2014

Chickadee stuffies — now in the shop!

Just added to the shop: chickadee stuffies! Whether you want an extra chickadee to live in your Chickadee House, a new little friend to carry around in your pocket, or just a toy for your favourite feline to bat around (that won't harm any actual chickadees...), I've got chickadee stuffies for all!

In the last blog post I shared a little bit about my process, and today I thought I'd illustrate the entire process in pictures, from sketch, to finished stuffie.

It begins with a sketch...

Then that sketch is traced, and the trace is scanned...

And then I paint (digitally), layers of texture and colour...

I upload my final files to Spoonflower, and they arrive a few weeks later, printed on fabric!
I sew them together, and add them to the shop!

2 comments:

  1. Really cool process - I think I need a scanner now! Why do you have to trace the sketch? Why can't you just scan the first sketch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! Scanning is great! You can definitely scan sketches, but I use the sketch as my base, because I prefer the quality of line I get with the pen. I also find the pen scans better than the pencil, because of the higher contrast and crispness.

    ReplyDelete