Thursday, April 17, 2014

Baby quilt progress


Well that didn't take very long! My goodness, machine quilting is where it's at! Not sure why I took on a mammoth hand-pieced quilt for my first quilting endeavour, but I am very glad I took a short hiatus to work on this small quilt for the baby. I could have a row sewn together and attached to the main block in half an hour. Half an hour! A row on my queen-sized hex quilt takes many half hour sessions... it's hard to say exactly, but if I were to work constantly on it, probably two days. I know, I know, it's the journey, but sometimes (just sometimes) with my hexie quilt I find myself asking "are we there yet?" Suffice it to say, it was very rewarding for my progress-oriented mind to have the piecing come together so quickly.

Now on to the quilting, then the binding (which is my favourite part, I really do love hand-stitching after all...) I'm thinking a solid goldenrod yellow for the backing, to pick up the honey hues on the front, and to highlight the line work of the quilting stitches.

Can't wait to swaddle up the Little Mr. in this quilt!

2 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful - such an interesting pattern! It certainly LOOKS like it is taking you a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one snuggly (and beautiful!) quilt for your little man. Great work Amberlea!

    katelin xo

    ReplyDelete