Sunday, February 2, 2014

I've been Blurbing again...

I've recently been happily (though wistfully) reliving my time in Asia as I turn all of those memories into photobooks. It was daunting to take all of our photos and turn them into just a few manageable books.

Back in the days when I wasn't as ruthless in my curation, our two-week honeymoon in Switzerland became a 10-book series... I know... a bit much, right? I was also a little more snap-happy then. But I still find it hard to choose which photos make the cut, and which ones will gather dust on some hard-drive somewhere, or worse, be abandoned to drift forever in the cloud...

After some very difficult decisions, I whittled down over 20,000 photos into one book of just 81! It was painful, I'm not going to lie. But for all the photos that really share the experience, I used the photos and stories from the blog, which I am increasingly grateful that we kept up. The blog book actually became two, because there was a lot of stories, and a lot of photos to go along with them.

So until I get the real thing in a few weeks, here's a full preview of all three books! (There's a button on the right that allows you to view it full screen.) Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. The books look great! Can't wait to see them in real life!!

    katelin xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even more stunning in person! What a great way to document your trip. I'm sure you (your kids, your grandkids, etc) will cherish this book forever!

    Katelin xo

    ReplyDelete