Monday, March 24, 2014

Sick in wintry Quebec City


Last weekend Mark and I went to Quebec City for an ultimate frisbee tournament. As timing would unfortunately have it, I was hitting the peak of a cold that I still haven't shaken. So instead of watching Mark and his team place 12th of 120 teams (!!), I spent the majority of the weekend in the hotel room resting and watching horrible (but very entertaining) shows on TLC. I did muster myself together to go for one short walk to the old town, because it's just so beautiful! I also found a fantastic raw/vegan eatery just around the corner from the hotel, and had an incredibly delicious sandwich and juice there — food medicine :)




Looking down on the lower old town from the terrace by the Chateau.
Note the very ice-covered St. Lawrence in the background!

One of my favourite view points in Quebec City.


Walking back downtown along Rue Saint-Jean.

A delicious and nourishing sandwich from Om Prana.
Sprouted bread, beets, spinach, cashew "cheese", basil pesto, sprouts, and tomatoes. Delish! 

3 comments:

  1. Sucks that you were sick while being in QC! Photos look beautiful!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awful to be sick while traveling - so sorry to hear that. It looks like a fun place to visit. Cool architecture and the river would have been cool to see. Sandwich looks delicious! Cashew cheese - might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pics! It's such a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete