Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lately. Settling in, and some things in the works.

It's been surprisingly easy settling back into home and getting used to all of our western amenities again... And though I don't marvel out-loud (anymore) about how awesome it is to have safe tap water, no cockroaches, a comfortable bed, and hand soap in the bathroom, I won't soon be taking these things for granted. We live like Kings over here, no doubt about that!

Though we were, for a while, far far away seeing amazing things and having daily adventures, it is starting to feel like it was all a dream. Especially now that we're back to a busy summer of work, ultimate frisbee, yoga-ing, and otherwise full schedules. But, with full schedules comes a lot of fun, too. We're working hard to maintain a balance, and keep that easy-going feel that we cultivated while being away from the regular "stressors." We may live like Kings, but we sure stress out over the silliest things, don't we?

There are roses, and by golly, they smell fantastic.

And to answer a key question I've been getting asked lately... no, I am not returning to work. Though I enjoyed my job, and love my coworkers (and miss seeing them everyday!), I realized a few things about myself over the course of the trip, and I'm striking out in a new direction. Well, two directions, really. First, I've been teaching a free yoga class in my neighbourhood park, and it's been great getting to meet new people and share what I learned in India. Secondly, I'm working on some creative things... gathering supplies, herding ideas (oh so many ideas!), and making, making, making. I can't wait until it's all ready so I can share it with you. And don't worry, you won't miss it. I will be shouting it from the rooftops, and then some.

But in the meantime, here are some things we've been up to lately...

Basketball fun with old coworkers...

Meeting a new little one who wasn't here when we left  :)












The best part of baking, no?

Looking after our two-and-a-half year old niece for the weekend, and introducing her to yoga.
Yoga for all ages! At this age, flexibility is a non-issue, but attention span on the other hand...

Though she rocks the Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose).

Sketching ideas into things...


A regal chickadee ancestor for something I'm working on.


Architecting...



Stay tuned... all will be revealed soon!

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too!!!

    Such beautiful little bird illustrations, and I can't get enough of that little Jillian. Such a sweetie.

    xo

    ReplyDelete