Friday, October 5, 2012

Turning 30 is a reason to celebrate!

And as such, it deserves a party. A surprise party!

I couldn't concentrate much at dinner, knowing the house was filling up with people; trying to send surreptitious texts updating my awesome co-conspirators on our ETA who had done so much work to get the house ready while we were out. I have to mention also, the incredibly kind bus driver who said "nah, don't worry about it" when we jumped on a bus after dinner and I didn't have enough change. When does that ever happen? It's his birthday! I said. Thank you so much!



Walking up to the house, windows darkened, heart in my throat. Unlocking the door and stepping inside, it was beyond surreal knowing there were people inside when it was so insanely quiet and I couldn't see anyone. At all. Where is everybody hiding?! For several incredibly long moments I was convinced I had dreamt it all, or that it was the wrong day. But then twenty-two people jumped out of hiding, and yelled "SURPRISE!"


It was the best! Mark was totally blown away, and didn't suspect a thing! Which is amazing, because I was sure I'd blown it at some point over the previous two weeks of scheming, but I guess I'm not as transparent as I thought! I was so incredibly relieved that the surprise worked, and that I didn't have to watch my step anymore! And it was so nice to see so many people gathered (on a Tuesday no less!) to celebrate Mark's birthday with him. Turns out I'm not the only one who thinks he's the best.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment