Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wee fabric house

Small house for big dreams...

I made this little (6" tall) fabric house from new and upcycled fabrics. I wanted it to look very hobbit-like; a quaint little Pixie dwelling. Though it took a long time, it was fun to make, and hand-stitching the details was my favourite part (so zen!). I could have easily gotten carried away and pimped it out even more (shutters, curtains on the inside, more flowers: perhaps some climbing roses?). In real life, I think this little house would be one of these; specifically this one! 

This is the first one I've ever made, but I have plans for future wee fabric houses, perhaps with dormers, chimneys, and I've even contemplated turrets. Someone's going to have to stop me when I start thinking about moats and drawbridges...

The elephant "poster" is a fabric scrap from Umbrella prints.


  1. so special! she's going to love it! the pic of it in the garden is great, really dreamy!

    kate xo

  2. Seriously?!? That is the first good seriously I have uttered all week!!